Sunday, August 17, 2008

Zoo Trip!


On Wednesday, Mandy and I took Andrew and Jadyn on their first trip to the Fort Worth Zoo! We've been wanting to do it since I've been out of school for the summer, and now that it's almost time to go back, we figured we better go, heat or no heat!
We had a really good time. Jadyn and Andrew were very excited to be there, as you can see by the big smiles in their strollers!








We saw lots of monkeys. This orangutan was silly playing with the sack cloth.


This white tiger was crazy! Good thing there was glass between us and it! I think it was trying to get a little 'snack'...














Alas, all the fun proved to be too much for the young 'uns about half way through the zoo. So, Mandy and I enjoyed the rest of the zoo while the kids napped in their strollers.








All in all, it was a great day! :)







































On another note, tomorrow, I return to work. :( I have such mixed emotion about it. I know that it's where the Lord wants me to be, and yet, at the same time, it's so hard to leave Jadyn. I have thoroughly enjoyed every moment of this summer with her. One of my favorite parts was both of us sleeping in late. :) We'd wake up on our own (no alarm clock), I'd feed her breakfast and eat some cereal for myself, then we'd sit down and I'd read to her a little bit out of her Children's Bible, then let her play on the floor while I read my Bible. I love putting her down for her naps, and tiptoing in there to check on her once she's asleep. Even in the 'frustrating' moments when she was a grump and/or so was I, I didn't want to trade the moment to be at work. Please pray for me as I begin this new school year. I really like teaching and I love the people I work with along with the kids. Ever since I had Jadyn though, my heart has been at home with her... My prayer is that the Lord strengthens me and refreshes my heart and mind....that He will help me to give 110% into my work and into the kids I will teach this year, that I'll be excited about a new year and new memories to make. I pray that the Lord uses me to love on these students and the people I teach with....and that through it all...To God Be the Glory!

Goodnight

No comments: