Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Living with a cold...continued.

Sad again... All day long was a rollercoaster of emotions. Towards the end of the day, her sad moments increased. To get her to fall asleep, I had to carry her around in the sling so she'd get some rest. We kept a regimen going of liquids, Tyenol, nose aspirating, and LOTS of nose-wiping. What was precious about it all were the moments of cuddling I got out of her. Nothing like some TLC... makes it worth being snotted on and slimed all day long with baby cold germs.... :)







So, then bedtime came. After bathing, diapering, dressing my child, and prayers, I lay her down for the final time today...or so I hoped. With the sound of the musical mobile playing and lulling her to sleep, I tiptoed out of her room to have some 'me' time. First things first...changing out of these now very messy clothes, and doing something to make me feel more like a woman rather than the used-up, grimy tissue I'd turned into through out the day. So, I head off to my bathroom and begin my transformation! Only problem was, the mobile finished playing, and laying in her crib was NOT how Jadyn wanted to go to sleep! So, barely into my 'me' time, I head back to Jadyn's room to console her. THIS is the look that greeted me as I entered her room...part cry, part amusement that mommy came, and part 'ewww, what's wrong with your face?!'......and here's what she saw.......


















Daddy soon came to the rescue to hold and comfort Jadyn while Mommy washed off the cucumber/avocado mask (which was quite refreshing, by the way...). Jadyn finally went to sleep in the sling again and I was able to peacefully transfer he to the crib, where she rolled right onto her tummy and kept on sleeping. Whew! What a day! We're praying that tomorrow finds Jadyn feeling MUCH better and minus the cold!


On another note...Jay and I have started to FINALLY plant the flower bed in the front yard. Here are a couple of pics.

These pretty flowers are from a rosebush that is called Knockout Rose. I like the color of it.























Goodnight!

No comments: