Monday, August 4, 2008

Pondering God's Grace

So, in creating this blog, I've decided to be transparent - to open up- and share what I am learning in all walks of my life. Today, I'd like to share some about my walk with God.

Yesterday at church and this morning, I read about God's grace. I've heard it before...God's grace is sufficient for me, God's grace is His unmerited favor toward us, grace that abounds, the grace of God... and so on. I've known it in my head and can recite it with no problem. But, when I stopped and really THOUGHT about it...pondered on it, I am awestruck.


The topic of yesterday's sermon at church (www.calvarychapelftw.org) was from Ephesians 2:1-10, talking about grace through faith. As I reread the passage this morning, I was and am still amazed at the grace of God. Even when I didn't love Him, before I ever became saved and gave my life to Him, He loved me so much and in His great grace that knows no bounds, He showed kindness to me by giving my a precious gift...salvation. Salvation is a GIFT He freely gives to us. No strings attached. Salvation from what? From the hopelessness of this life and hope for eternal life to come.

"For God, who is rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us, even when we were dead in trespasses, made us alive together with Christ...that in the ages to come He mght show the exceeding riches of His grace in His kindness toward us in Christ Jesus. For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast. For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them." Ephesians 2:4-5, 7-10

There's nothing I can do to EARN His grace or salvation...not by living a 'good' life, being a good person, doing good things...NOTHING I can do can earn His salvation. He gives it to me freely so that to Him is the glory, not me. I am nothing without Him. Yet, with Christ living in me, I am created to do good works for Him. I am His workmanship...a work in progress. :) Thank the LORD! He's not finished with me yet. In my prayer time this morning, saying thank you to Him seemed so inadequate....not enough. How do you thank the One who gave you salvation??? By living for Him...

Thank you, Lord, for saving me. I love you.

1 comment:

mandy said...

Praise God! Thanks for sharing Shannon!