Sunday, September 14, 2008

Hairbow making - my new found hobby!


So, eversince I started buying bows for Jadyn, and forking over the money at the ridiculous (in my opinion) cost for them, I realized that I needed to learn how to make them myself! Really, people can sell them and make 90 % profit off of them! Ok, maybe I'm exaggarating, but still. Really, how hard can it be? So, I set out to the store, bought some ribbon (2 spools for HALF the cost of buying one bow!), hot glue gun, wire, hairclips, and off we go! I did my first bow (see blue one to the right) by comparing it to one of Jadyn's pre-made bows I had purchased. If you look closely enough and got very nitpicky, you'll notice that it's slightly uneven, but hey, it was my first bow! Excited with my new endeavors, I had Jay go buy me some pink ribbon, while I surfed the wide world web on directions to make a beautiful bow. I found a whole slew of directions for making all kinds of cool bows! Upon Jay's return, I eagerly snatched up the pink ribbon (by the way, good job, honey!) and went to work creating my new masterpieces! After 3 rounds of bowmaking and one burnt thumb later, I came out with 2 (yes, one bow didn't turn out and had to be disassimilated...) cute little pink bows. I eagerly put them in Jadyn's hair so she could relish and ooh and ahh over her newest beautiful treasures that now adorned her hair. Only...I couldn't get her to sit still long enough for her to even notice let alone coo and babble over them! When I asked Jay and Jed (our bro who is spending the weekend with us) what they thought... they thought that just maybe with the 3 bows in her hair it was just slightly over the top..... ok, so maybe they are right. But, ooo, I can't wait to make more bows! :)

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

mandy said...

Great job on the bows!