Sunday, February 12, 2017

Dedication Sunday and 2 months home!

Thankful....

Today, we had the privilege to stand before our church body and loved ones to thank everyone for helping us to bring our precious little girl home. We got to introduce her to all who hadn't met her yet. 

Thank you to our parents, my little sister and friends for being there this morning. That meant a lot to me. 

As I sat in church this morning, next to my parents, it brought back memories of growing up in church with them. It's been a long time since I sat next to them and it was a really nice feeling to be once again next to them in a church service. Thank you, mom and dad, for setting such a godly example and instilling in me a love for the Lord and serving Him.  I am thankful I had the opportunity to grow up in church and learning about God's love for me.  

We are thankful for our Pastor who is very dear to my heart. He is the one who married Jay and I nearly 11 years ago, and over the last 9 years he has dedicated and prayed over each of our children after they were born. Today, I am thankful he did the same today for our Annika. ❤ 
Words cannot express how thankful we are to the Grimmers who started up the Adoption Support Ministry at our church. They and the people in it have become family to us.  We are thankful for so many friends and family who came or watched online today. Kelly Murphy, thank you for coming and being there. You are a ray of sunshine, my friend! 




We are thankful that TODAY has been 2 months since our Gotcha Day! Annika has been home and in our arms 2 whole months! We already cannot imagine life without her! She is a joy and absolutely precious! She is full of love and continues to blossom! We are ever so thankful that the Lord entrusted her to us. She is a treasure in our family and the perfect fit in our life! She loves to go to school, play football, and to eat corn! 🏈🌽


I am thankful that tomorrow marks ONE YEAR AGO that we said YES and officially began our journey to adopt Annika. 

Today, as we stood before the church, I had more I wanted to say, but as I stood with my amazing husband and beautiful children, holding our newest daughter in my arms, I got all choked up and couldn't speak except to say thank you. So, here's what I wanted to say....

~~~~Annika Faith Fang Sappington~~~~
Her name was chosen with a purpose and meaning....
Annika-- she is named in honor of my two sisters: Sara Ann and Jennifer Nicole. (Ann-Nicole.... made into Annika).  Annika means "chosen, favored". 

Faith -- it was by Faith that our Heavenly Father called us to step out and adopt her as our own, and He was faithful to provide every step of the Journey to bring her home.  He is faithful to continue to do a beautiful work in her life and ours. 

Fang -- her Chinese name was Ao Fang, which means "sweet smelling", and we wanted to honor and keep part of her Chinese name. 

Chosen....favored..... so dearly loved. 

Happy 2-months-home and Dedication day, Annika. You have so many who love you.


 

No comments: