Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Chosen and Loved, even when life is rough

I intentionally selected this shirt for Annika to wear today.  Our precious girl has been processing a lot lately and dealing with inner turmoil.  She has started to let out anger at times too. Sometimes, as a parent, I get caught up in the behaviors of my children and find myself getting frustrated with them....and I forget to take a step back and assess what's REALLY going on with them.  Adopting Annika has helped me change my perspective more often with ALL of my children and to be a better parent.... When I change my perspective, that helps me to walk with her through hers. So many emotions and so much change for her little world..... she has so much to process and grieve and even re-learn... and we are here to walk through it together. 

She is a joy, she is a part of our family... Chosen and dearly loved.

Tomorrow, we have an appointment with her ENT doctor to go over the results from her CT and MRI scans last week and discuss what needs to happen next.

No comments: