Thursday, January 19, 2017

Baby measurements and love

Going through post-adoption paperwork today and while making copies, I was wishing we had Annika's birth weight and measurements when she was found about 2 days old. I was feeling down that we didn't have that until I went back through her medical reports and FOUND her measurements! 
My precious daughter was born 11/25/2008,
Found on 11/27/2008
19.29 inches
6 lbs 9.82 ozs
And then my thoughts turned to her birth mom.....
Though we don't know the exact time or even for sure if her birthday was in fact 11/25, we do know that SOMEONE held on to her for 1-2 days. Surely it was her birth mom, maybe even her birth dad....Such a short time.... yet, I imagine she/they held on to her daughter and at LEAST for a brief second, loved her with all her being. I hope she did. And I hope that as she lay her daughter down at the entrance to the orphanage at whatever time of day it was, that she said a silent prayer for her baby. We will never know. It could have been total opposite...she could have been relieved to be rid of her, I don't know. I'm glad I don't know, because I can choose to think the birth mom laid her daughter at that entrance out of love for her. No matter her reasons or feelings, I am so thankful she did. Annika is the missing piece to our family that we never knew we were missing. She's my daughter, my treasure, and I love her with all of my being... and I'm so glad she's mine. 

No comments: