Thursday, April 30, 2009

Update

As usual, it's been awhile. Let's get caught up, shall we? :)

Welllll, I PASSED with flying colors that silly 3-hour glucose test! Praise the Lord! Not too many people saw much humor in my looooooooonnnnnnnngggg blog about it, but I tried. :)

All is going well in this pregnancy thus far (Praise the Lord for that too). We did take a little trip to the maternal observation ward at the hospital last Friday night since I was having a few too many contractions. Everything turned out fine and Baby Boy is still tucked safe and sound in my womb. My midwife told me to slow down and take it easy for a few days. When I told a friend of mine that, she laughed and said I already move slow enough! haha....

We are still undecided on a name for our son...sigh. The Lord will reveal it in due time, I am sure. Hopefully before we take our son home from the hospital. ;)

Jadyn has become quite the toddler these days. She continues to amaze me with how 'big' she's getting and how fast she's growing. She 'talks' up a storm these days and has quite the personality to go with it. Her favorite fascination is with belly buttons...or 'beh buh" as she says. She likes to lift your shirt and poke her finger into your belly button as many times as you'll allow it too. :)

We finally got the pictures and wall decor hung up in Jadyn's room last weekend. It finally looks like a kid's bedroom! :) All we still lack for it is a hot pink rug and clothes hamper. (It's on my to-do list) Her room is echo-ey now since there is no rug to deaden the sound, so when she's complaining from her crib...it can be rather loud! She has also taken quite the attachment to her blankie, pacie, and snuggly. She can 'retrieve' them from the crib now when she wants. It's actually quite cute to see her dragging her blankie around the house. As cute as it is though, I hesitate to let it become too much of a habit, so that she's not dependent on them 24/7. So, I let her drag it around for a little bit, and then we go put it back in her crib. She'll usually have no problem with taking them and 'tossing' them back in there for later when she's laying down. I love spending time with her. I love it when she crawls in my lap with her blankie and pacie and cuddles up. It usually will only last for a short minute before she's wanting to play with my nose or 'beh buh' though. Still, I enjoy those precious moments with her. I love to watch Jay play with her and see her giggle as he tickles her and tosses her up in the air! I fall all the more in love with him when I see him spending time with her and taking care of her.

Speaking of Jay...what a wonderful hubby he is! He has been quite the worker around the house these days as he keeps up with house chores, organizing the garage, taking care of Jadyn, the lawn, and his pregnant wife. We are in the uncomfortable part of the last trimester of pregnancy, and he never complains about my lack of energy for anything (or my snoring at night due to pregnancy-induced stuffy nose...). I am truly blessed to have such a loving and godly husband who takes such good care of his family! I am looking forward to being able to hug him and cuddle up with him without this huge basketball in between us! :) I love my husband and I thank the Lord for him daily..... I am humbled by his servanthood and dedication to me and our children.

One last note of update: due to the swine flu going around the nation, my school district has closed it's doors through at least May 11th. We've had one confirmed case of it in a middle school, and to try and prevent it from spreading further, school's closed. So, I find myself with some unexpected time off!!! Wow! What to do!? Rest is at the top of my list....especially after completing two days of TAKS testing. I'm also using this time to catch up on my to-do list and to enjoy Jadyn and mommy time together before baby brother arrives in just a few short weeks. Have I said how much I love to spend time with her? :) OH, and I finally have time to update this blog too! :) In the words of my good buddy, Pam...How 'bout that?

Well, Jadyn's napping, or at least she's laying in her crib quietly, so I think I'll go use this time to relax and shower! :)

Coming soon...updated preggo pics and Jadyn pics!

1 comment:

Autumn said...

Thanks for the update! I missed seeing you last night, so it was good to know that you are all doing so well! Let me know what your plans are during your time off...we need to get together soon! Love you!