Monday, November 10, 2008

Harvest Time

Well, it's been quite a while since I've even had TIME to update. I miss blogging....I find it rather relaxing. But, work keeps me so busy and first trimester pregnancy nauseau keeps me blah and tired all the time that I do good just getting Jadyn taken care of in the evenings. And even then, I have to rely on Jay a lot to even do that! I don't know what I'd do without my hubby. I sure am blessed! He keeps the house from being a total wreck. Nonetheless, all is going well here. We are enjoying watching Jadyn change and grow before our eyes. She never ceases to bring smiles to our faces! :-D Here's a little (or long) update on what's been going on in our world the past few weeks.







We had a great time going out to a local pumpkin patch on Oct. 18th. Jadyn had her first ever Pumpkin Patch experience. She got to share it with her good buddy, Drew. Go check out our Picasa website for pictures of our little Punkin' and her pumpkin patch experience.




October is a busy month for family birthdays! My (Shannon) brother turned 28, then came Dad's (Sappington) birthday a few days later. Then, it was time to celebrate Joel's (Jay's bro) birthday. But, wait! We aren't done! Jed's (also Jay's bro) birthday followed several days later! :-D Here is a pic of the Sappington brothers in order from oldest to youngest (funny too that Jay's the oldest yet the shortest :-D). Jay, Joel, and Jed.



We recently signed on a gas well lease (just in time, too). Using part of the money, we bought a new flat screen HD TV at a discount (said it was slightly damaged, yet we can find no problems... :-D). Here, Jay and Jadyn share a fun moment...I'm not sure if Jay's excited and celebrating his new 'toy' or if they actually had a funny moment. Who cares though, right? Nothing warms my heart when I see my husband play with his daughter. God is good...I am truly blessed.

















This past weekend, Jadyn and I tried out a waterbabies class at Emler Swim School. It was a free orientation class to see what they teach and how. I liked it....Jadyn loved it! She LOVES to be in the water! We are now deciding if we are going to take the plunge and enroll her in the spring semester. It goes from January to June, every Saturday, for 3o minutes. By the end of it, she should know basic water survival skills: know how to turn around and swim to the edge of the pool and hold on, if she were to fall in; hold her breath for up to 8 seconds; and did I mention how to swim?



One of Jadyn's latest accomplishments is standing for several seconds with no problem. In fact, I've even seen her go from a crawling position, to squating, on up to standing. She's even taken a few steps with coaxing! She's taken her first steps, but she has yet to put them all together and take off walking! But, that will all come in the Lord's timing. In fact, the day has already come when we look at her and say, 'How did you grow so fast?' Today, when I was at work, I put on my coat to go outside. When I did, I reached into my pockets, and with surprise, I pulled out one of Jadyn's pacies from last winter. It was so little! Just like she used to be! Where has the time gone? In just a few short days, our little bright eyes is turning one....what a blessing she is to us. She's brought such joy and happiness to my life. I am amazed at how one minute, she looks like her daddy, and then in an instant, I see resemblances of me. What an awesome creation the Lord has made!

Last for now, I am about 8 weeks along in my pregnancy. So far, it is very similar to how it was with Jadyn...all day nauseau, spicy food cravings.... Could this mean it's another girl??? :) Time will tell. I go for my first appt on Nov. 18th with the midwife. I'll be about 9 weeks then...maybe I'll get a sneak peak sono then??? We don't care either way if it's boy or girl...we just pray for a healthy, happy, beautiful, calm baby. ('For the Lord knit you together in my inmost being...before I ever knew you were there...' - found in the Psalms. When I get a chance and am more awake, I'll post that scripture. The Lord brings it to my mind so often during my pregnancies.... How faithful He is....

Well, it's past my bedtime. Another thing about being pregnant...I can't stay up late anymore and hang with the big dogs...too tired. :) zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Until next time!

Love Never Fails




1 comment:

Jason and Vanessa said...

awww we love little Jadyn.

also I think Jay should grow out his beard like his brother,...you know cause we are almost in winter.

that verse you were referring to is:

"For you formed my inward parts;
you knitted me together in my mother's womb.

I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made.
Wonderful are your works;
my soul knows it very well.

My frame was not hidden from you,
when I was being made in secret,
intricately woven in the depths of the earth.

Your eyes saw my unformed substance;
in your book were written, every one of them,
the days that were formed for me,
when as yet there was none of them."

-Psalm 139:13-16

Soli Deo Gloria!

jason d.