Friday, March 10, 2017

stop and smell the roses

Can I just be real? 

Life has been fast-paced, nonstop and quite "full" the last few months. It's been hard, it's been fun, it's been worth it.... but this momma is just depleted. A floor of muddy foot prints, laundry piled and a house desperately needing a top to bottom clean...has turned me into a blubbering hot mess today. I texted Jay earlier and said I'm crying and the kids are looking at me like I've lost my mind. 
The truth is I don't know why I was crying except to think those muddy clothes and floors were just one more thing to get done now. And that made me feel even more rotten for thinking that. I should be thankful for the muddy trails in my house because that means I have children who fill our home with life and adventure. 

My sweet husband came home with flowers in hand and "I love you" on his lips and wrapped me in his arms before taking the kids out back to get them to help him fill in the mud hole they had created..... 

Our 11th anniversary is Sunday. If we're lucky, we'll get a date in this weekend, but even if we don't.... I think I'll sit awhile, count my blessings and smell the roses.....

#adoptionisharddrainingbutohsoworthit
#justbeingreal
#soldieron


 

No comments: