Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Prayer Request


It has been a WONDERFUL day! To see the Lord working and moving on our behalf in our adoption journey just leaves Jay and I in AWE of Him and all that He is doing!  On top of receiving our I800 approval,  in the last couple of days friends have stepped forward and offered up options on our flights when it comes time to travel, and tonight at church, a teenager of a dear friends of ours came up to me and handed me a bag of money.  He has been selling candy bars for a couple weeks now, working to raise money to help us bring Annika home.  Y'all, he had nearly a $100 in that baggie! I looked at him in awe of the Lord working in HIS heart that he wanted to be a part of helping to bring this little orphan home to us... a little girl who he has yet to meet... this teenager who could be saving his money for the next best set of drums or going to movies or buying the next coolest headphones, and yet, he saved and sold candy bars on our daughter's behalf.  I looked at him and my heart just swelled in pride and amazement for him.  Jay and I pray that the Lord bless him and his family for all that they have done for our family.  He is a fine young man and I have no words to truly express how much he blesses my family.  The wonderfulness of the day wasn't over after that.  I talked with another very dear friend and sister in Christ after church and as we chit chatted and I shared the great news of our I800 approval and my heart's desire for Annika to be home in November, my dear friend grabbed my hand and said, "Let's pray that right now."  And then one of the most heart-touching prayers came from her heart to heaven and I held her hand in prayer and agreement. I couldn't keep the tears away as I agreed with every word she prayed, acknowledging and embracing my heart's desire and hope.

There is power in the prayers of God's children.  My prayer is that the rest of our adoption steps will fly on through at a fast pace and we will be traveling IN NOVEMBER to bring our little girl home. I pray that everything continues to fall into place at the a smooth and quick pace.  In reality, we could end up traveling sometime around the middle or end of December.  It just all depends on how quick each government moves to get each of the last steps done.  I pray they are swift to move the process along.  Why such a prayer? My desires are selfish in that I don't want  Jadyn to miss any of her school Christmas parties or most especially her Christmas program at church.  And as a parent, I don't want to miss my sons' Christmas programs or even their class parties.  If we travel in December, missing such events are likely to happen.  I know in the adoption journey, we sometimes have to make temporary sacrifices, but my prayer is that the Lord will show us favor in this.  I have one more daughter who is still in China and I want my WHOLE family with me for Thanksgiving.  I don't want Annika to spend one more birthday as an orphan.  She was born on November 25, 2008,  and abandoned on November 27, 2008.  Eight years is long enough to be an orphan. ...to not have a mommy and daddy who love her, to tuck her in at night and pray over her, to not have siblings who can't wait to hug her and meet her and teach her all things they love and to learn what she loves.  I want her 8th birthday to be her FIRST birthday she gets to celebrate with her family.... her 8th birthday to be her FIRST Thanksgiving with us.  We have SO much to be thankful for this Thanksgiving.  I pray I can say I'm thankful to add one more plate to the dinner table this year.
Will you pray with us?

To God be the glory....



No comments: