Friday, June 18, 2010

It's been a year...

Since my little chunky monkey made his debut. Born June 16th, 2009, weighing in at 8 lbs 3.5 ozs, he has since more than tripled his weight. I took him for his one year appt yesterday and he weighed over 22 lbs!! He's now 2 feet 4 inches of crawling machine. The pediatrician said Eli is above the 90% for his head size and weight, but the 20% for his height. What does that mean? He's a big-headed chunky healthy boy! It also means he probably will not be very tall (like his mommy and daddy). He has a repertoire of words now: 'bu' (ball), 'buh-oon' (balloon-his most favorite words right now), 'no!' ([mental picture of his hand slapping down on table, lips forming an O]), 'uh-ooooh', 'dada', 'bye-bye', and 'yeah'! It's really cute to hear him talk. Did you notice a word NOT in that list? Yup, 'mama'. I have tried and TRIED to get him to say mama, but to no avail. I have fed him, changed his poopy diapers, cleaned up his vomit, and cleaned up his baby food-throwing messes. The LEAST he could do is humor me by saying 'mama'! Sigh. All in good time. All in good time. :) Enjoy some highlight pictures of his first year.







Dear Eli,

You are the son I've always wanted. You bring more joy to my life than I could ever express. Everyday, as I hold you close, I thank the Lord for giving you to me. You are a precious gift from Him. You bring joy to our family. Your daddy loves you and is so proud of his son! Your big sister adores you and loves to play with you and give you hugs and kisses! I pray that the Lord continues to show me how to teach you about His unending love for you and to teach you His Ways! I can't wait to see what He has in store for your life. He has BIG plans for you, my son. I am blessed and honored to be a part of your life.

All my love,
Mommy

p.s. Eli, it's pronounced..."Ma-ma!" Say it with me....'ma-ma!'

2 comments:

Jason and Vanessa said...

the newest pics of him by Monk are sooo cute!

Kat said...

He's a cutie!