Thursday, October 9, 2008

Trip to the Fair - finally posting

A couple weekends ago, our bro, Jed, came to spend the weekend with us. He's never been to the Texas State Fair. So, on Saturday, we packed up the car and headed to Dallas. Jadyn was quite fascinated by her surroundings. She couldn't fall asleep because there was so much going on!

What's a trip to the fair without trying out their unique creations. Here, Jay tries out chocolate-covered strawberry waffle balls. It was literally a chocolate covered strawberry fried in waffle batter and sprinkled with powder sugar. It was really good! We also HAD to try fried oreos, a turkey leg, fried grilled cheese (tasted pretty much like a grilled cheese...), the aforementioned on the left, nachos, funnel cake, fried cheesecake (it was FABULOUS!) and fried pickles. I spent the whole night in search of fried twinkies and never found them! :( I later heard that my Vice Principal at school, Misty was there and she saw the fried twinky stand. Shucks! Everything we tried was fabulous! And, we left there with bellies aching from consuming fried food than we had in a year combined! Ok, maybe like 6 months...




Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Jason and Vanessa said...

As I have been saying for years, Oreos are meant to be fried, and once you try them at the fair you will say the same ;)

We still haven't been and I know it is almost up, so I am hoping we can make it. We'll see...

Mommy said...

Shannon, Oh my GOODNESS! You guys look like you had a blast and your little girl is soooooo cute! Congrats to you! Check out my very new blog for recent pics of our family! I miss you now! Blessings to your family.
-Amy Smith

mandy said...

Yes lets try to make it next year!

Lu said...

The fried Cheesecake is the best.