Monday, April 25, 2016

Waiting and enjoying

Waiting hasn't necessarily been my greatest strength in life.  (Jay, on the other hand, is very good and patient when it comes to waiting!)  As I wait for these last couple of steps to be done with our home study report and dossier submission to our agency.... I have to remind myself WHO is in control and it's HIS timeline that we are on.  I hurry as quickly as I can to get our end of the paperwork done, and then I wait for the recipient to be finished.  Hurry up and wait. :)  It's a good time to pull my head out from the bubble I've been in and take a look around at life, be thankful and present for the here and now.  

This past weekend was chalked full of events.... Home Fellowship, sports games, birthday parties for friends and family.....it has definitely been fun and memorable! THE most memorable part of this weekend for us though was Eli's spiritual birth when he asked Jesus into his heart Saturday night during bedtime prayers.  The moment was so precious and quiet as I listened to him praying, his voice so honest, so believing and humble as he lifted his words and his heart to the Lord.  I truly sensed the Lord's presence in the boys' room during that moment.  With child-like faith, Jadyn (and now Eli) have opened their hearts without hesitation to the love of our Lord.  My heart overflows and words cannot express the awe I feel knowing the Lord has entrusted Jay and I with the task of teaching our children the Word of God.
Last night after prayers, Jadyn and Eli explained some of what they've been learning in 
KiDZ Church:
1. to ADMIT that you are a sinner
2. BELIEVE in your heart that Jesus died on the cross for your sins 
3. CONFESS with your mouth that Jesus is God


Did you know the angels rejoice in Heaven when a soul is saved?  The Angels have been rejoicing this weekend and so is our household! 

Eli, May the Lord shine brightly through you in all you do!  God has big plans for you life, my son!

And to think.... the Lord is adding one more to our household!  I am in awe of His workings through it all.  Later today, I'm headed up to my doctor's office to pick up the last piece of paper (hopefully) needed for our dossier packet. As soon as I do that, I'm then headed to the post office to mail my last envelope of dossier paperwork to our agency! 
Pray that the letter from my doctor has everything formatted the way the agency requires for dossier submission. My sweet doctor was up at her office working yesterday (on a Sunday) to get that letter right.  And please pray that our home study report will be finalized this week. It's been over 2 weeks now, and I'm eager to get it submitted with our dossier.


"Likewise, I say to you, there is joy in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner who repents.” Luke 15:10


No comments: