Wednesday, August 10, 2011

News around here

Ok, blogging has been calling my name lately. So is the laundry and the coupon-cutting! I have much to share, but I will make this short.

Here we go:
  • Biggest news of all....Eli is going to be a BIG brother around the beginning of March! Jadyn and Eli are both excited to be BIG siblings together! Jadyn already makes such a great big sister. She is such a great helper and loves to take care of her brother, Eli. I am due around March 5th. We can't wait to meet our new little one (even though we have a looooooong way to go until he/she gets here!). I am a little over 10 weeks along. We have seen our little jelly bean on the sonogram and got to see the heartbeat. I go to my next midwife appt on Monday, Aug 15th and we are looking forward to hearing the precious little heartbeat!
  • Speaking of being pregnant, I am in the throes of "morning" sickness. Lots of nausea and headaches, the worst being at night. If I could choose when to be sick, I think nighttime is best, because you can just go to bed and sleep it off! Only two more weeks until we are out of the first trimester! Praise the Lord! This life growing inside of me makes it all worth it!
  • I am the new assistant director of Children's Ministry at church. I oversee the 1st-5th grade and the Nursery. I take care of lesson plans, scheduling, and making sure the teachers are taken care of. I am enjoying my new role, and am honored to serve in this capacity. My heart's desire is to serve the Lord where ever He needs me. I work with a great group of teachers and leaders. It really blesses me to serve the Lord with them.
  • Jay is busy as usual at work. (always a good thing!) He's a hard worker!
  • We are co-owners of a boat! We, along with 3 other friends of ours joint-own a seadoo boat. No, I don't know what kind (but, Jay does!) I do know it's a ski boat. Jay's buddy, Adam, found this used boat for a great deal and it came with skis, a tube, and life jackets! We have already made use of it several times this summer!
  • My nephew (one and only so far) just turned 9 years old on Aug 5th. NINE?! I remember the day he was born....just like it was a couple of years ago. He's going into 4th grade this year. That's the grade I taught for 4 years. I look at him, and I am amazed at how time flies and how big he is getting. He is VERY smart! As a teacher, I am very proud of how academically advanced he has become. In 3rd grade, he already knew his multiplication and division facts forwards and backwards! I had 4th graders that struggled with that all the way through 4th grade!!! A part of me wishes I was still teaching just to see what it would be like to have him in my class. :)
  • My niece is soon to be 7 years old on the 23rd of this month. That, too, amazes me! I remember when she was born too! I watched her come into this world. And she has been a diva ever since! :) I kinda wish my sister would have more, just so I can attend more births! haha
  • I love births. I am fascinated with the whole pregnancy and birthing process! If I wasn't so turned off by having to give shots or learning the ins and outs of medicines and bones and muscles in the body, I would consider becoming a midwife! Maybe I should become a doula....haha! Being pregnant again has me watching birth stories, youtube videos, and just learning, learning, learning. We plan to go all natural with this baby's delivery, and to do a water birth. My midwives now offer water births at the hospital I deliver at, and I can't wait to try it! (I know, I know...I only have about 30 weeks to go!)
That's about it in a nutshell. Except, I just have to add how much I love my husband. He takes such good care of the kids and I. When I am hormonal and short on patience, he never loses his cool. When I am craving a certain food for dinner, he never complains about spending more money eating out. When I am nauseas as all get out and my head is pounding like a jackhammer, he's there to caress my back until I fall asleep at night. He is patient, kind, and loving. He is my husband, and I am so thankful for my helpmate. He is a gift from the Lord....I love you, Jay.

I hope you guys have a great week! Please keep my family in your prayers, especially this new life growing in me.

Love, Shannon

No comments: